Tech-Air 5 airbag vest
The Tech-Air 5 airbag system offers active protection for motorcycle riders and passengers. It is fully compatible with all AR Airbag Ready 4SR leather suits and jackets. Thanks to our experience on the racing circuits, you can count on this airbag vest to perform as it should in our airbag compatible clothing.
Tech-Air® 5In the event of an accident or other activation event, the Tech-Air® 5 provides complete protection of the upper body, as it covers the shoulders, chest, ribs and the entire back of the rider, regardless of the type of motorcycle used. The system is designed to work both on-road and off-road. Tech-Air® 5 is standalone vest that is designed to protect against impacts occurring in accidents. However, the system does not provide protection against possible abrasions during sliding (e.g. on asphalt, gravel, grass, etc.). Therefore, this airbag system must always be used in combination with compatible Tech-Air® or 4SR Airbag Ready® products. The system has an integrated electronic airbag control unit with built-in sensors in the back protector. The sensor system consists of 3 accelerometers and 3 gyroscopes. These six sensors monitor jolts and unexpected rider movements. In the event that the user's body is exposed to a high and/or sudden change in energy, the system will turn on and inflate the protective cushion. This can happen if the motorcycle is subject to a collision with another vehicle or object, if the rider loses control of the machine, or if he falls off the motorcycle. The Tech-Air® 5 is a standalone device, so there is no need to pair it or fix it with a cable to the motorcycle in any way. This makes handling easier for the rider and gives freedom of movement. The system is equipped with a wireless Bluetooth interface that enables direct connection with a mobile phone using Tech-Air® App. The app provides important information about the airbag system and allows the user to access many other functions. The Tech-Air® 5 contains two different algorithms that allow the System to be used both on normal roads and on light off-road roads (Street Mode) and race tracks (Race Mode). The user can easily switch between the two modes using the Tech-Air® App. To select the correct size of the Tech-Air® 5 use the attached table. The protective vest can be used with any compatible Tech-Air® or 4SR Airbag Ready® gear.
- sophisticated airbag that covers the back, shoulders, chest and ribs ensuring complete upper body protection
- can be used under 4SR garments marked AR Airbag Ready®
- without physical connection to the motorcycle – it is triggered electronically using sensors
- option to switch to Street and Race mode
- Separate system without the need to connect other external sensors
- inner part made of perforated Lycra, 3D mesh and soft edging
- main shell made of Lycra, 2D mesh and Cordura
- removable inner mesh
- ergonomic shape for better compatibility with racing suits
- internal ventilation channels for additional air flow
- ergonomically shaped spine protector
- suitable for any weather
- battery life: up to 30 hours
- full charge: in about 4 hours
- operating temperature: from -20 °C to +50 °C
- airbag inflation within 40 milliseconds
- integrated certified Li-Ion battery, homologated according to ECE R10 04 (guarantees electromagnetic integrity and stability of the unit)
- argon-filled cartridges, CE certified according to the ISO 14451 standard (they can only be activated at the command of the electronic unit, the certification also guarantees safe handling, installation and transport)
- certified according to category II of the European Regulation 686/89/EEC using the European standard EN1621-4:2013
Tech-Air is CE Category II certified? 686/89/EEC, EN1621-4: 2013 – impact protection. The Airbag Control Unit (ACU) has ECE R10 04 homologation, which ensures the electromagnetic stability and integrity of the unit. Tech-Air's construction and manufacturing are certified according to pyrotechnic standard CE2007/23/EC, which confirms that the airbag has been constructed according to all pyrotechnic and safety guidelines and can be transported by car, ship, train and plane. Argon cartridges are certified to ISO 14451, which guarantees that they will only work when connected to an electronic unit. This standard also confirms that cartridges can be safely handled, installed and transported.